CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Reality check for contesters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reality check for contesters
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 10:45:33 2001

I am of the opinion that many who participate in this great reflector do so
because they like to write not contest!

If you're serious about amateur radio, how can you not support the ARRL?

If you're serious about or even interested in contesting how can you not
support and appreciate CQ?

How many "serious" guys/gals who love this hobby consider supporting the
"Fund for defense of Amateur Radio through the ARRL".  We spend big bucks
building our stations, but won't part with $100/50/25 to help this effort
which ultimately decides if we have some spectrum to effectively use.

In this country (USA) and this hobby, if you want to dance--you gotta pay the
fiddler--and I love it that way.

73
John Baumgarten, N0IJ