CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...

To: Scott Pederson <spederson@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...
From: asciibaron <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:40:24 -0500
Scott Pederson wrote:
> All,
>
> I encountered an incident a couple of times this last weekend during WPX SSB.
> Once was on 10m SSB working an SA station, and he gave me "sorry, worked
> before".  I did not have him in my log (nothing close, but it may have been a
> "Senior Moment") so I asked him if I could work him again.

i had someone insist he worked me already in the contest the day before.
  too bad i was at my in-laws 3 hours away and no where near a radio.  i
tried to work him twice and both times way told i was a dupe - had he
simply logged me, i would have had the qso as would he, but now he takes
the penalty - i'm glad he gets the penalty - shows he was relying on the
SCP and not listening carefully.

-steve