CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] [WRTC2006] N6ZZ SK

To: WRTC 2006 <wrtc2006@wrtc2006.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [WRTC2006] N6ZZ SK
From: "Jon Kimball, KL2A" <kl2a@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:44:20 -0800 (PST)
RE N6ZZ

I had the honor at an early age of sharing a CQWW contest from KL7Y's
QTH back when pile ups were deep from the north country.  The W6 boys
(MKB, VI, ZZ, AA) came through Zone 1 on their tour of 40 zones, and
it still remains unforgettable.

That was one of the first years we had extra heaping portions of Q's
and I for one began to see the potential from KL7, and developed
friendships and a comradery with the southern boys from about that
point on.

Dan, KL7Y (sk) who was our fearless leader in those years went on to
operate with them (W6 trio) at HS1AZ
(http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/1996-11/msg00181.html)

and bring more stories with the boys that included N6ZZ.

I've been acquainted with Phil since my youth, didn't know him more
than a team mate in a contest as I operated 15m with him during a WW
and of course countless Q's and his quick key, but I knew him well
enough to know I'd get a "hi jon" or a very fast Q at the very least
WITH NO ASKING FOR REPEATS... therefore, I too must say out of
respect...

"RIP Phil, it was good while you were here.  You did it!  Thank you!"

My sympathy and prayers goes out to his family and close friends,

73's and SK

Jon Kimball, KL2A

At 03:59 PM 2/28/2007, you wrote:

>Very sad news.
>
>Phill was a great guy, always friendly and happy. It was always
>wonderful to meet him in
>the WRTCs
>
>I took the liberty to attach a photo of him.
>
>Marcelo, PY1KN
>

> >>From Wayne, W5ZW:
> >
> > It distresses me greatly to report the passing of Phil Goetz, N6ZZ
on
> > February 27, 2007.  Phil suffered a brain hemorrhage in Ruidoso, NM
on
> > Monday while playing racket ball, a game which he regularly played.
 He
> > was rushed to Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque but could not be
> > revived.
> >
> > I only knew Phil for about 5 years.  I'm sure this email list
barely
> > touches the number of people he must have known in the hobby.
Please
> > notify others who come to mind.  I personally contacted David
Sumner,