CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:27:08 -0400
Hi Rex and Warren:

It is possible to run DOS alongside WindowsXP on these new
computers.  The computer needs parallel and serial ports
which can be a problem for some new laptops.  The
process is described in http://k1ea.com/hints/fdinst091.pdf.

I have found this easier than retraining myself to setup,
integrate, and use one of the Windows packages.  I have an
updated procedure file I'll send to anyone that is
interested.  I don't usually recommend that new
contesters do this  :-), but if you are comfortable with
NA, CT, TR, or whatever, it is an option to keep you
going for a few more years!

73,

Mark, KD4D