CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers

To: Rick Dougherty <nq4i@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:46:52 -0700
That is indeed a startling (and unfortunate for you) statistic.  A
couple of thoughts ...

1.  The majority of those zero pointers probably came from people who
haven't read the rules and won't be submitting a log.  If you NIL all of
them you penalize only those who honestly needed the mult, and not at
all the ones who are just strolling the airwaves on a sunny day.

2.  Giving one point for same-country contacts would rather dramatically
alter the character of the contest as a DX event.  A less radial change
would be to simply eliminate the same country multiplier.  That wouldn't
prevent the clueless from calling you, but at least you needn't feel
guilty not answering them and eventually they'd get the message.

Dave  AB7E