CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000D Problem - Controls Locked Up !

To: N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000D Problem - Controls Locked Up !
From: Anthony Luscre K8ZT <aluscre@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:16:15 -0400
John I had the same problem a few years back. I received the radio via
UPS and when powered up had same problem as you are having. I thought
there might be a loose connection on one of the ribbon cables that
connect front panel. I would check these first. Unfortunately that was
not my problem and eventually I had to ship unit off to Yaesu. It turned
out the problem was a hairline crack down the middle of control circuit
board. It was then obvious what had happened, due to the way it was
packed, during shipping, force had struck had the front main tuning knob
and cracked the board board behind it. It even slightly bent the metal
cross piece that supports the board. Check very carefully because crack
was very difficult to see. The replacement board was not very expensive
and can be a do it yourself repair.
Good luck

N6KI Dennis Vernacchia wrote:
> No controls on front on front panel working
> yet when I turn on computer  and computer interface
> I can change bands with "CT" contest logging program
>
> Somehow looks like computer port has rig locked up
>
> Anyone else experience this ?
>
> Can't locate my Operators manual - anyone know the magic key
> combination to reset rigs microprocessor ?
>
> 73, Dennis N6KI

     Anthony A. Luscre
            K8ZT
        Stow, Ohio