CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] N6ZZ MEMORIAL TEAM

To: cq-contest@contesting.com,"Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6ZZ MEMORIAL TEAM
From: Paul Young <youngp@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:39:09 -0500
I rarely get to prove Randy wrong.  But I'm encouraged and I
will captain a team.  I didn't know Phil very well but I'll
call this team "Another N6ZZ Memorial Team".

This team will have no chance of beating N6TJ's team, but
that doesn't matter.

To join this team you need to have a goal and be willing to
have it stated publicly.

In my case I'm planning to operate the contest as 6V7D, all
bands, QRP.  My goal is to break one Meg, which will be more
than ten times the current Africa record.  And I'll connect
to the real-time scoreboard so people can watch my struggle.

I guess I'd give preference to others who will connect to
the scoreboard so we can watch each other work on, and hopefully
achieve our goals.

If I get enough takers I'll post the team members and their
goals tomorrow.  And If I get more interested people than will
fit on one team, and if they agree (please say so in your e-mail)
I'll form even more N6ZZ memorial teams.

                          Paul, K1XM