CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: 'CQ-Contest Reflector' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:48:12 -0700
Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
>> Looks like Joe already has voted with his feet. Out of 147K
>> QSO's in my LoTW account, 0 QSO's with W4TV or his old call,
>> AD8I. Just another armchair quarterback in the contest world.
>
> So, one is an "armchair quarterback" based on whether they appear
> in YOUR log since the inception of LotW?  That ignores plenty
> of activity going back 30 years - most of which is on paper logs
> that I'm not about to transcribe to LotW.  It also ignores two
> other calls held in the interim and any RTTY activity.
>
> That's just a little presumptuous ...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I also checked K4IK and W8IK. More zeros.
Any other calls I should check ? And, by the way, that goes back to 1991 - the
earliest logs I have uploaded to LoTW.

So, by your own admission, most of your contesting was done in the days of
paper
logs. That clearly makes you an expert in assessing the current state of log
checking, with statements like "There are plenty of tools if they get off their
fat, lazy, old asses and make their own analysis of log submissions."

Joe, you're a smart guy, as evidenced by your excellent support for the
Microham
products, but you're out of your element to be making judgments on the state of
contest log checking.

73,
Steve, N2IC