CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting, arranged QSO's and the CQ 160,contest

To: CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting, arranged QSO's and the CQ 160,contest
From: Dave Lawley <dave@g4buo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:23:13 +0000
The ON4KST chat facility has been around for a while and has largely
replaced talkback for microwave contacts. The RSGB Contest Committee
banned its use in VHF contests last year. We received some criticism for
this decision but also many messages of support. It seems to me that all
contest sponsors need to ban its use below 30MHz as well, before it
ruins the sport for all of us.

Dave G4BUO