CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX
From: David Wilburn <dave.wilburn@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 23:46:29 -0500
Some interesting points.  Always good to see things from another point
of view.  C is intriguing, as I thought in contesting we were putting
our interest (getting points) ahead of others.  As it is, it is
usually a mutually rewarding.  In this case is was not.  But I see
your point.

The other one that made me chuckle, and has been worked through quite
a bit here regarding dupes.  But it really brought the message home.
A station in Peru I had tried to work earlier, but another station
answered too quick and covered the confirmation, after the station in
Peru had asked for a fill.  I never could figure out if I got him, so
NIL.

I heard him again later and when I tried to work him, he replied;
"DUPDUPDUPDUP" it may have been more, but I lost count.  I'm laughing
recalling the posts here, thinking, "he could have worked me with half
those letters".  But as you point out, his program may not like dupes.

Thanks es 73