CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] The Reverse Beacon Network and the IARU Contest

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Reverse Beacon Network and the IARU Contest
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 06:20:46 -0400
The IARU Contest does not allow any form of spotting assistance
(explicitly including CW Skimmer) in the Single-Op categories, but you
can use these tools if you enter as Multi-Single.  I intend to do so
this year because my personal goal is to work every single WRTC
competitor, on multiple bands of possible.  The RBN can be particularly
helpful in that respect, because it will spot everything it hears, so
the smorgasbord of stations to work will not be affected by the
subjective judgments of operators "to spot or not to spot."

If you'd like to try it, point your logging program or other dx cluster
client to <telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7000>.  If you want to filter
the flow of spots, this server accepts all standard DX Spider commands.
Thanks to K4TD for providing this excellent service.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,