CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its

To: Kelly Taylor <theroadtrip@mts.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its impact
From: "Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA" <Axel.Schernikau@siv.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:17:36 +0000
Hello Kelly,

1) yes, one may think about more ways to filter all possible spots or
any evidances for possible spots of WRTC stations out (think about R322F
instead of R32F, using notes etc) ... I bet it is not possible to filter
them off 100%.

2) spots drive the competition too ... You probably read some of the
comments of the teams with forthgoing 5 mins of big piles (after the
spot), than 5 mins slowed down etc ...

a) it's a question of tactic of the team too I think!
b) without ANY spots it will not be the same event!

3) You will not prevent ALL possible spots to identify a team and where
it is (e.g. R39XXXXXX DLs!)

4) I think the teams with more spots where more active / more heard mostly?
 From my log (at a great distance to UA3A with one hop) I'm sure I
worked ALL active enough stations on 80-15m ... those I left out were
LESS active at the right time or not hearable ... of course, if they
were going or 5-pointers of that time it just wasn't my luck giving just
3 points.

5) yes, I know about those two may be overspotted stations .. of which
only one made it to top 5 .. and surely there are too less S5 stations
in the contest to put them forward that much ...

finally:
I think we have arranged a GREAT level of level playing field already,
especially with the field day style. If the teams will know it will be
the same in the next WRTC (probably in 2004) far in advance (so very
soon) they will be even better prepared for that by than!

73 & gl,

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
dl6kva@darc.de