CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot

To: Jim Neiger <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:22:34 -0400
Since Jim has published my private note to him on CQ-Contest, and also
wrote privately to me, I think it appropriate to go public with my reply
to him, sent this morning:

"I think if I were you I would take immense comfort from CQWW's efforts
to enforce the distinction between SO and SOA, which means that people
can choose single-op, if they wish to, with a higher degree of assurance
that they are not facing unfair competition from assisted stations.
Sailboats and powerboats (I'm a sailboat guy) - there is room for both
in our ocean.

As to what I think of you -- I have always admired your operating skills
and on-the-air sportsmanship.  I miss hearing you on the air ending
every QSO with "ZD8Z."  You've been my model in that respect for many
years.  It's just your current rant that I find pathetic, and a little
sad - has it really come to this?

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,