CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Keyboard Solutions

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Keyboard Solutions
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:24:36 -0400
Wow- quite a group.  Too many responses to name, all in just a few hours.

A few options for my problem, which was keytops too close together on my
new Dell.

1.  Buy the previous generation Dell USB keyboard - many available on E-bay
2.  Buy an active PS-2 to USB adapter - my mistake apparently was in
trying to get by with a straight mechanical adapter.
3.  Buy a classic mechanical keyboard - available but expensive.

Two helpful hints that I hadn't really thought about (yet).

1.  Get a keyboard with full-sized function keys.  The older Dell has
them - this new one does not.
2.  Get one that has 3X2 arrangement of the cluster of keys that handles
Home/End/Insert etc., rather than the 2X3 pattern of the new Dell.

I'm going to tell Dell just how much I dislike this thing - that is if I
can type without hitting Caps Lock and having to start over at the last "A".

Thanks, everyone!

--
73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com