CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:53:05 -0700
As others have mentioned previously, the suspicion is that RDXC was
trying to prohibit the use of clandestine remote stations.  For example,
I live in Arizona but if I want an illegal competitive advantage I could
set up a remote receiver (or transceiver) in Maine and have a much
improved chance at making contacts with Europe on the low bands while
still claiming operation from Arizona.  Whether RDXC actually intended
to prohibit ALL remote stations ... including one (using my example) set
up in Maine while claiming a Maine QTH ... was never resolved as far as
I know.  And if they did intend for it to be a blanket violation, it's
entirely possible that they felt they would be unable to determine the
location of a remote link to know whether it was otherwise above board
or not so they just prohibited all of them.  The wording of the rule is
clear, but in my opinion the full rationale behind it is not.

73,
Dave   AB7E