CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:48:59 -0700
Late one night in a CW DX contest two years ago I tuned across one of
the top East Coast contest stations (don't ask me which one because
without a recording I'm not going to say) working a moderately rare DX
station on 80m using the contest station callsign.  Immediately
afterward the DX station was worked by two other U.S. callsigns in
non-overlapping sequence, each having the EXACT same strength, tone,
pace, and lack of QSB as the first contact.  All three contacts were the
only ones I heard being made with the DX at that particular time.

As you say, it doesn't take the internet to cheat, and those with the
motivation and lack of morals to cheat aren't going to care what the
medium is.

73,
Dave   AB7E