CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Keyboards - ZC4Li

To: hodgson@cytanet.com.cy, reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Keyboards - ZC4Li
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 16:05:26 -0400
FWIW, I just got a new Dell and was disappointed to discover that the
keyboard that came with it was more like that on a laptop, with tiny
function keys and alphanumeric keytops very close together.  I jumped on
e-bay and discovered a flock of last-generation Dell keyboards that have
well-separated keys and normal-size Fkeys.  The nomenclature is SK-8115
or L100, and they only cost around $25. They're also a bit smaller than
standard, but still have the numeric keypad which I remap with various
useful functions.

I like the keyboard very much because its keys have long travel and,
like you, I tend to hammer. Of course shipping to ZC4 may be another
matter, but it is worth the cautionary note, and maybe a try.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000