CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] HA: To cut or not to cut?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HA: To cut or not to cut?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:25:23 -0400
Thanks, John, but I really intended another point - that the 5-element
numbers are inherently more intelligible, because of their degree of
internal error-correction.  Of course, any system has weaknesses - 9 and
zero (full forms) at the *end* of a serial number are a good example.  I
use O, myself, for a leading zero, which people expect early in a
contest, but T for 0 caused me to get more requests for fills than
almost any other cut number this WPX.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,