CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] authentication for log submission
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:18:52 -0600
What he is saying is that if I submit a score for W0MU, someone else can
send another log  overwriting my original submission with some bogus
information.

You don't have to get a hold of anything.   The robot simply takes the
log that it receives and processes it.

I can change my email address and look like anyone I want.  Spammers do
this all the time.  Obviously the IP addresses will be different.

Now that it has been brought up there probably needs to be a more secure
way to upload your logs and setup a verified identity and if a 2nd log
were to be uploaded that you would be notified of the 2nd log and would
need accept or verify the new log or send any further logs with the
proper credentials for it to be accepted.

I would like to hear from ARRL and CQ etc on how they handle this and if
they think it has ever happened in the past.....

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net:23 or w0mu-1.dnsdynamic.com
Http://www.w0mu.com