CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: John Laney <k4bai@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:44:57 -0400
Just to clarify Jeff's post about PJ4A a few years ago.  The year that
the the CEPT rules were changed, the PJ licensing authority gave me a
reciprocal license under an old two-party agreement between the
Netherlands Antilles and the USA that authorized me to operate PJ4/K4BAI
on the same frequencies as my General Class license  permitted in the
USA.  The PJ4A license was issued with no restrictions on frequencies
for the contest only.  That is, of course, no restrictions except the
six contest HF amateur bands, 160-10M.  We didn't change the licensee to
someone else.

Note that the licensing authority specifically said that the PJ4/K4BAI
license would not be a precedent for other such licenses in the future.
  It was allowed because they didn't tell me until the last minute that
I would have no HF privileges and I had made a pretty big financial
commitment for the trip based on their assurances that I would be given
privileges for the contest under the old two-party agreement instead of
relying on CEPT privileges.

The next August I passed my Extra, so it was no longer an issue.

73, John.