CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW

To: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>, CQ Contesting Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:18:17 -0400
At 5/6/2009 11:07 AM, Michael Coslo wrote:

>On May 4, 2009, at 7:40 PM, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:
>
> > Someone reported on this list (probably last year) when they
> > questioned the
> > LoTW desk about this, their suggestion was to upload the log twice,
> > once as
> > the root CALLSIGN and then as CALLSIGN/M in order to increase the
> > likelihood
> > of a qso match.
>
>I'm speechless! Entering double logs may be the worst workaround I've
>ever seen.

I have done this and it has been recommended by the LoTW people (at
least to me).  I have logs with callsign/# and callsign.  Some log
the /# and some don't.  If I upload the same log signed both ways,
then more will get a match.  I have a lot of logs with callsign/M  or
callsign/CTY also.  I have uploaded both.  I don't see why it is "the
worst workaround".