CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] PJ2T ARRL CW Photos

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] PJ2T ARRL CW Photos
From: Geoff Howard <ghoward@kent.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 08:54:37 -0400
Contesters,

Thanks for the Qs last weekend. Based on the K3PH compilation of
records at www.arrl.org, we appear to have been lucky enough to have
broken the 1998 record of 9.78M set by V26B. Our claimed score is
10.8M with 10,345 QSOs, more contacts than by any other station
anywhere last weekend. This may be the first time the 10M level has
ever been broken on the DX side in the ARRL DX CW contest. Conditions
were good and we were lucky enough to be in the right place at the
right time. Little did we imagine numbers like this when we started
PJ2T in November of 2000 at the W1BIH Curacao QTH.

You can go to http://www.pj2t.org/ccc/arrl.cw.2011.htm for the
scoring summary. Then click on the links near the top right for
"Breakdown" and on "Photo Album - Contest" for 98 photos with
captions. When the photo thumbnails come up, click in the first thumb
for a large image and caption, then click in that photo to go to the
next. At the end, you'll have to re-click on the above link,
otherwise you'll be all day getting back with the "Back" button.

These are not nearly as exquisite or as chilling as the VP8ORK photos
by Nodir ( http://www.ey8mm.com/pictures/viewcategory/52 ), but at
least they may make you feel warmer after looking at the magnificent
ORK Antarctica photos.

See you at Dayton and in ARRL SSB next weekend. PJ2T will be piloted
by K6AM in a full out SOABHP SO2R effort.

       73,

            - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX