CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Power Entry

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power Entry
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Tue Feb 19 09:26:04 2002
At 12:47 2/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>How to H*** did you learn to operated in contests and put together logs
>to send in??
=================>
Your post stating with H***, at first,
upset me.

As I read more of what you typed,
I felt as though I might be agreeing with you.
This upset me.

Then, I began to realize that I did not understand what you were saying, and
This upset me.

Then I realized I had been entrapped into foolishness being accepted as
logical, and
This upset me.

I was probably better off to stop reading after the H***, and
remain upset for the simplest of reasoning,
rather than,
become upset for reading the simplest of reasoning.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html

From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 24 hour category?

> As I was unavailable for contesting Sunday, I decided to invent my own
> category: SOA HP First 24 hours. I operated from 0000Z-2359Z the

The older I get the more reasonable this ideas seems. An Excellent Idea!

My only suggestion would be that it should be opened up to ANY 24 period.

There is no reason that this subcontest has to be scored by the contest
co-ordinating organizations. For all major 48 contests the logs could be
collected and scored by an independent group using nothing but cabrillo logs
and Internet and web techniques.

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK