CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Tue Feb 19 21:22:50 2002
At 05:31 PM 2/19/02, Martin Luther wrote:
>There is a tendency for a number of stations to not go ahead and give me a
>report until I have their call perfectly. If you are QRP or weak this is not
>a good option. Others, especially in a packet pile up will think you are
>just calling me. They might not have heard my reply or just come on
>frequency. However, if you give a report then they know this is a QSO and
>time for them to shut up.

sorry - I gotta differ.

With AK6I living 30 km from me (WK6I), I had better make sure you are
working ME and not him! (Yes, I believe he contests, though I have not yet
met him.) For that matter, I believe WK3I also contests, though he is not
local....

Therefore, I am sorry, but I will make sure you have my call before I
complete the exchange, so that I know you are working ME and not someone
with a similar short call. (Well, at least until I learn of an equally
effective behavior.)

It seems to me the packet pileup will do what they will do no matter what I do!

I do agree regarding the Barossa Red, however...;-)

73 - jeff wk6i