CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed Feb 20 07:42:20 2002
At 12:22 PM 2/19/2002 -0500, Bill@ng3k.com wrote:

>ARRL DX CW Exchange:
>
>1  he: test big0gun
>2  me: ng3k
>3  he: ng3 599 kw
>4  me: tu ng3k 599 md
>5  he: r big0gun test

I run CT with "CORRECT" turned on, so this generally won't
happen.  However, when I heard CT send the TU QRZ without repeating the
changed call, I quickly aborted the transmission in progress, sent the
call, then TU QRZ again.  Yes, it messed up my rhythm, BUT better to get
the QSO in hand RIGHT, rather than waiting for the two in the bushes who
may never call (apologies to Ben Franklin, Poor Richard and anyone else I
forgot).

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com