CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Load testing a 50 amp supply?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Load testing a 50 amp supply?
From: "Rich Dailey, N8UX (2)" <redailey@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:56:35 -0500
Maybe just on the edge of being on topic...

I just repaired (I think) a 50 amp astron rack supply.  I intend on using
it to power two hf rigs (SO2R) and accessories.  However, I wish to load it up
to about 30 amps to check ripple and regulation without sacrificing my
station if something is wrong.

Any ideas on what I could use to load it up for a test?

Tnx,
Rich, N8UX

PS - Yes, I know I'm sacrificing redundancy.  But I need to trade it
for desk space! -hi.