CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] CQWW and Signal Reports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and Signal Reports
From: paul@ei5di.com (Paul O'Kane)
Date: Sun Oct 27 21:20:33 2002
I've just completed a token single-band entry on 10m, with
some 300 QSOs replying to other CQ calls.  In all cases my
exchange was "Thanks one four", except very occasionally
when I added "five nine" - it's hard to kick the habit of
a lifetime.

No-one asked for a signal report.  They didn't need it
because contest reports are always 59, they have no meaning
or significance or value, the logging software had already
entered 59, and we all know that signal reports are not
cross-checked in CQWW logs.

Is it time to do away with RS(T) in CQWW, or is it already
optional?

73,
Paul EI5DI