CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Comments, NCCC Practice Session March 31

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, ctdxcc@kkn.net
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Comments, NCCC Practice Session March 31
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:27:43 -0600
20 meters was open well at the start to the west coast, but only worked two
CA stations (N6RO and W0YK) plus W5JAW here in town.  Where did people go?

80 and 40 were quite noisy here (moist atmospherics, with bad storms in
north TX and OK, and I had trouble copying.  At one point, I called W5JAW
in Austin several times before he heard me on 80, and most every QSO on
that band was a hard one.

There seemed to be several "non-regulars" on.  I worked 22 different
stations altogether out of the 33 net contacts

Made 33 QSOs and 10 Mults (in order CA, TN, IL, TX, WA, NV, IN, MI, GA, and
OR).

QSOs per ten minute segments were 14, a poor 10, and a terrible 9 the last
ten minutes.  My last contact was at 0357, with a poor finish.

Hoping people tear themselves away from the basketball games, or record
them, and take part in the N4AF Sprint Saturday night.  See you there!

Jim N3BB