CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Feeding an 80m Delta Loop

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feeding an 80m Delta Loop
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@att.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:30:24 -0600
I'm using a delta loop with the apex at 77'. I'm currently feeding it in the middle on the bottom horizontal leg (which is 10' above the ground) with a 2:1 balun.

Works just great at my qth.

I do plan on moving the feed point to a 1/4 down from the top on one of the vertical legs. I also plan on installing stubs in the two lower corners with relays so I can switch between cw ssb.

Rich - N5ZC

On 11/10/2012 1:13 PM, Carol Richards wrote:
As expected, I got several different opinions. I will opt for the feed point
1/4 wavelength down from the apex. I plan to use RG59 coax because it is
lighter and at 80m, will handle 1kw. I know the velocity factor is 0.82, so I
will take that into account. A couple of comments suggested that a delta loop
is a major disappointment as compared to other antennas. The only other antenna
that I have is an 80m vee at 100feet. Am I going to waste my time? The apex
will be at 90feet.

Carol