CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Why is he ashamed of his call???

To: 'cq-contest reflector' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why is he ashamed of his call???
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 11:17:26 -0600
Can't figure it out.

- His fist (OK, his computer's fist :) ) is good.
- His signal is strong but perfectly clean.
- He's not trying to run anyone off their run frequency.
- He seems to copy the callers just fine.

So why is he so ashamed of his call?

I just worked one Zone 33 station for the THIRD TIME on 10 meters.  Because he
goes TWO TO THREE MINUTES between IDs.

Rules suggestion for the 2013 WW:
- Each S&P QSO counts 15% extra -- 1.15 points for own continent (unless NA in
which case 2.30 points), 3.45 points for other continent.
  (those wishing to claim the 15% must submit a log with exact frequencies in the
Cabrillo file, so the committee can identify which QSOs were S&P.)

That may more or less make up for the time S&P operators waste waiting for some
of these guys to ID.

(am I serious or not?  Take your pick..)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66