CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW P40W(W2GD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW P40W(W2GD) SOAB HP
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:33:03 -0700
Congrats to John on a super, iron-man effort in CQWW. I'm sure I couldn't have done 6000+ QSO's, hand-sent !

However, as a member of the N1MM Logger software team, I feel a need to clarify some of the misunderstandings that John has about N1MM Logger, so that others aren't discouraged from using it. I'm not being critical of John, as it's perfectly understandable that with 1.5 hours of prep time, he wouldn't be aware of all of the basic features of N1MM Logger.

The sentences in " " are from John's 3830 writeup:

"Complicating this was the need to manually change bands on N1MM."

- This is due to John not having a USB-to-serial interface between the borrowed laptop and his radio. N1MM Logger, of course, supports the CAT interface for virtually every radio manufactured in the past 25 years.

"I really missed the comfort level I enjoy using Win-Test, in
particular the ability to immediately determine what countries were worked on which bands. No doubt I missed dozen's of opportunities to move mults without
this data."

- N1MM Logger has two ways to immediately determine if a country, zone or station is needed on another band. The Available window has color-coded "buttons" that illuminate for each band. Gray indicates a dupe. Red indicates a needed country or zone. Green indicates a needed double multiplier. Blue indicates a needed station (but not a needed multiplier). The Check window (i.e. the SCP window) has a text display to indicate the other bands a multiplier or station is needed on.

73,
Steve, N2IC