CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switches ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switches ?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 07:48:23 -0400
I use an old dictating machine footswitch that I got for $10 at a local consignment store. Nice and heavy, and it even has 3 separate switches, though I have not figured out how to use that...

I put a strip of Velcro hooks on the bottom of the switch, and it stays put absolutely on the Berber carpet in the shack.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
For spots, please go to your favorite
ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

On 8/27/2013 10:51 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
I've had some complaints about the Heil foot switches we provide here.
What are others using that works well?

Thanks & Aloha,  Lloyd

Hi Lloyd.

I have some homebrew foot switches that I made out of some old foot controls
used on sewing machines.

I just replace the inards with a switch of some sort.  They are big and
heavy and stay in place.

If you have a sewing machine repair place around, you should be able to get
some for free.  73
Tom W7WHY