CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

To: KI9A@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:00:23 -0800 (PST)
I can just hear the swarm now as they hit F4 four or
five times as everyone picks the spot for the new rare
multiplier...

If I wanted to play computer games, I'd go back to
DOOM, much better graphics even for an "ancient" game.
Heck I can play it when I want, no band conditions to
worry about and it's a heck of a lot cheaper... That's
just me, and probably at least a couple others...

I don't think any major contests are proposing such a
change, so currently it's a moot point. The
categories, as they stand now, offer the best to all
competitors.

Frankly, I'm saddened that folks are willing to give
up so much just because a very few haven't the honor
or dignity to abide by basic rules.

Sorry about the diatribe, but that's how I see it.

Best wishes for the Holidays,

Julius
n2wn

--- KI9A@aol.com wrote:

> This is why we need to end the assisted category,
> and open all classes up
> the using packet. If SO2R is ok for a single op, why
> not packet?
>

> In a message dated 12/11/2007 6:25:40 A.M. Central
> Standard Time,
> steve.root@culligan4water.com writes:
>
> Exactly!  How would you prove you WEREN'T using
> packet? If we knew what the
> log checkers  were looking for then we could avoid
> that behavior, but then the
> cheaters  would know too. The whole deal kind of
> scares me. Potentially you
> could lose a  whole weekend, a top score, and your
> reputation all in one shot.
> Gulp...
> 73  Steve K0SR

Julius Fazekas