CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] K4VV in ARRL DX CW

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K4VV in ARRL DX CW
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@bdtv.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:10:35 +0100
No that is not correct. These days the correct way is to
put the country designator before the call sign i e
R/K4BAI or IM/K4BAI or PJ4/K4BAI.
After the call sign you put information about for example
if you are mobile, portable or similar i e PJ4/K4BAI/m
if mobile or P5/K4BAI/p if portable in North Korea.
This is the correct international way to do it, nothing else.
I know that some people still does it the other way around
but that is simply wrong and makes things more confusing.

73 Jim
On 2015-02-26 21:49, John Laney wrote:
I am afraid that /R and /IM are not permitted by FCC rules because the
/R prefix belongs to Russia and the /IM prefix belongs to Italy.

Of course the very popular /M and /P calls are also not  permitted by
the FCC for the same reason.

Nevertheless, the contest rules could never be adopted to require an ID
that is illegal by FCC definition.

73, John, K4BAI.