CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Multiple Zero Beat Callers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Zero Beat Callers
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:41:30 -0700
If I can't get at least a partial call, I try to wait them out, hoping that at least one of them will be smart enough to dump his call in again. :) JAs, bless them, are so well behaved that it never occurs to them that they should try again. :)

JAs zero beat on CW is almost never a problem for me -- many seem not to know how to zero beat a caller, and often call outside my RX passband!

73, Jim K9YC

On Sun,4/5/2015 9:54 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
Sounds like operator error on the other end. This happens constantly in and out of contests where people call at the exact same time and are about the same strength. On RTTY you get garbage, on CW and SSB you can probably pull out a letter or two.

Mike W0MU

On 4/4/2015 5:37 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
Think I'm getting a good taste of RTTY Skimmer here. Every time I call CQ on 15 I get about 3 or 4 JA's all zero beat, about S-2 or 3 calling me at the same time. Send 'agn?' and they all call again. Takes 3 or 4 tries to finally get a call out of the mess.