CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and Health

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and Health
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 22:28:01 -0800
On Sun,11/22/2015 7:29 AM, Peter Chamalian wrote:
As one who is intimately familiar with heart trouble (2 mild heart attacks,
9 stents and triple bypass) I urge all contesters to pay attention to their
health.

So sad to lose a great operator like Rich. But for the Grace of God I might have joined him -- a few months ago, my primary care doc heard a murmur on my heart, and sent me for a check up. Long story short, A few hours ago, my wife drove me home from the hospital with a new Aortic Valve and a bypassed artery. Pete and I were lucky -- this time -- but sadly, Rich was not. RIP - OM.

As a group, we've become a bunch of old fat guys who don't get enough exercise, and far too many of us can be seen being wheeled around the aisles of hamfests on "mobility scooters." Perhaps we should be saving them to carry our coffins.

73, Jim K9YC