CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 11:57:02 -0500
Agree. So, how about a .cty file or a .zon file? You didn't develop them on your own. How about one of those prefill databases for Sweeps. Or an oblast file for RDXC?

We really are bordering on the absurd.

73 Rich NN3W

On 11/24/2015 11:47 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
  No Hans, especially in light of some of the subsequent posts... it illustrates my point
that the word "assistance" is so often misused, sometimes deliberately by some,
to the point of absurdity.
IMHO, and with no disrespect intended: The Assisted category should be called something else, without using that word, to avoid the ambiguity. And the wise acres and the pot stirrers and all the rest.

That, or we'll be reading this thread, again, at least once more within the
next year, and the next, and the next, ad infinitum ad nauseum.

73, ron w3wn

On 11/24/15, Radio K0HB wrote:

That's a red herring, Ron.

For purposes of radio sport I think we can agree that we are talking about the
exchange of Information regarding call signs and/or QRGs with other operators,
INFORMATION that we did not personally develop.
__
73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"?
On Tuesday, Nov 24, 2015 at 09:09, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>,
wrote:

  Does "outside assistance" include or exclude one's spouse (or significant
other, parental unit, or total stranger making a delivery from the corner deli) from
providing the operator with snacks, a sandwich, or a drink?