CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted
From: VE2TZT <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 12:22:59 -0500
Always the same topic coming back periodically from ''old good times'' addicts.

Very symptomatic : ''because SCP uses information ... compiled by others'' That looks pretty like the definition of a .EXE software.

In this case I am assisted because :

-I use a radio with some piece of software in it, which means every radio made today.
-I use a memory keyer
-I use a computer
-I use a logging software
-I use a DSP

Perhaps it is not enough for some, I should build my radio by myself or perhaps even produce my own electricity

Yes... while I am transmitting, somewhere people are working at producing my electricity so they are assisting me.

Not mentioning my wife bringing my sandwich during the contest that is even worst that ''assisted'' we are directly jumping to ''multiop'' category.

Actually what you want guys is to come back to 60's just with just a tube radio, a pen and sheets of paper to be allowed to enter in non assisted category.

BTW what about the guy who rent a station and just have to put his butt in the chair ? Is he assisted ?

Gilles VA2EW

---