CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 19:11:26 -0700
There is some terminology confusion.

Dueling CQ's has been built into most contesting software for many years. You send a CQ on one band. When the CQ finishes, a CQ is automatically started on another band. If someone answers you on the first band, the CQ on the other band is automatically terminated, and you complete the usual QSO sequence on the first band. If no one answers, the software automatically bip-bops CQ's between the 2 bands until someone answers on either band, or you change strategy.

What ZF2MJ, OH0V, V47T, and others have advanced is running simultaneous pileups on two bands, with 2 QSO's in progress at the same time, but never transmitting on the two bands at the same time. This is quite different from the dueling CQ's which many contesters have used for years.

I propose using the term "simultaneous pileups", not "dueling CQ's", to describe what ZF2MJ, et.al., have done.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 12/06/2015 02:04 PM, ve4xt@mymts.net wrote:
Duelling CQs seems to be a surprise only to those who haven't been paying
attention. It's always been part of my lexicon that duelling CQs are just a
part of SO2R.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 6, 2015, at 11:54, "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net> wrote:

Interesting ...

I did this for NAQP and SSCW without even thinking of it as anything other than
efficient SO2R (not that it mattered ....I was operating from VE7 and no
technique short of remote xcvrs from another part of the country was going to
make me competive with propagation of the time.)  Having said that, I can't
even fathom handling the audio streams the way N6MJ does.  I'm still recovering
from the pileups at 9H6A.

73
Steve KL7SB

p.s.  Joined the group recently ..with Rich passing ..thought another KL7
should be here.