CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

To: "'Marcelo Egues'" <marcelocx2dk@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 22:45:08 -0500
Just to make sure I understood the situation correctly, I just went and
looked up the rule cited.
-----------
XII.  Judging:
C. Audio Recordings: Any single operator entrant (see V.A.1) competing for a
top three finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, must
record the transmitted and received audio as heard by the operator for the
duration of the contest operation. The recording must be in a common format
(e.g., mp3) and should include the audio to each ear as a separate channel.
The recording may be requested by the Committee within 90 days after the log
deadline to help adjudicate the log. The recording files must be provided by
the entrant within 5 days of the request. If no recording is made available,
the Committee may reclassify or disqualify the entry.
-----------
Now as I read that rule, there is nothing about "registration" of the entry.

That said...

Was the aforementioned recording requested?

And if so, was the request made within 90 days of the end of the log
deadline?  (90 days from either 2359 Z 4 November 2016 for SSB, 2359 Z 2
December 2016 for CW)

Without knowing this information, it is extremely difficult to determine if
Marcelo is being treated unfairly.

Interesting read, the rules.
-----------
B. Observer Program: The Committee may request of any entrant to accept a
visit by an observer during the contest. Failure to allow a Committee
appointed observer full access to the station during the contest period may
result in the entry being a Checklog.
ANY entrant, hmmm?  And the word "request" implies that this is optional,
but further reading indicates that actually it's mandatory.

I'm sure there are more.

I'd insert a wisecrack here, to try and lighten the mood, but I fear someone
would take it seriously and take offense, so I'll refrain.

73, ron w3wn