CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF zones

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF zones
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 17:37:56 -0400
How do you know what someone is supposed to send?  Seriously?

That issue aside... and frankly, I agree that you copy what was sent, even
if it disagrees with what you (or the computer logging program) thinks
should have been sent in the borderline cases...

This has a familiar ring to it.  IIRC, somewhere (I don't recall if it was
on this reflector or elsewhere offhand) it was pointed out that the "ITU"
zones used in the IARU contest don't precisely correspond to the official
ITU zone maps but have been adjusted to take state/province/country lines
into account.

Regardless... if someone sends me Zone 10, I copy Zone 10 regardless of what
the logging database thinks.  And I'm not going to waste time arguing.
There may be a good reason for that being sent, there may not, but the rules
say you copy what was sent... not what the logging software was
preprogrammed to expect.  Period.

73, ron w3wn