CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Guess it depends what you consider "major"   eQSLs are good for  all CQ
awards (and lots of folks think WAZ/5BWAZ is on the majorish side).   I
personally like the WPX award.  Plus you can upload eQSLs to the DARC  Contest
Log
and use them for DARC awards.  I have gotten a good number of  DARC awards
this way.

Soon LoTW will be good for CQ awards, starting with WPX.  Eventually I
hope LoTW will support any award.  That could leave eQSL out in the  cold.

I like eQSL because I can actually get a QSL to look at, although too many
use the standard eQSL images.  Surprisingly, eQSL does not provide a
serious QSL design program, such as the Global QSL one.  This is one of the
mysteries of the universe I can't explain.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 3/29/2012 12:20:19 A.M. GMT Standard Time,
w7why@frontier.com writes:

I don't  think that eQSL counts for any major awards, does it?

LOTW is  definately the way to go.  73
Tom  W7WHY