CQ-Contest

Re: [RTTY] Just for fun

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com, rtty@contesting.com,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Just for fun
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:40:13 +0000
Yeah - neat. I never thought to do this. I have used telnet only once before (some contest where I had to qso a certain country, else my score was zero).

I see I was spotted a dozen times this weekend. I recall in some previous contests while calling on a slow band I would get a pileup all at once, then nothing after I worked through them - probably the result of being spotted.

Jerry W4UK

At 14:14 10/18/04, Bill Turner wrote:
For those of you NOT using packet during a contest, you might find it
interesting to see how often you are spotted by someone else.  When
it's over, connect to your favorite cluster and do SH/DX <yourcall>.

Fascinating.

--
Bill W6WRT