CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:54:30 -0500
VR2BG wrote:
>Not being
able to do so would appear to be a problem & interestingly, two of the current
hot radios (Orion & K2) go key down when PTT is asserted in CW & both of
these radios could easily be modified to at least give the option of using PTT
for CW with a firmware change, making them attractive to all in this not
insignificant segment of the amateur equipment market.

        According to a rumor from a knowledgeable source on the Ten-Tec
reflector, Ten-Tec will address this in an Orion firmware update.  I
wish you had not told me the K2 had this problem since I just decided
to order one last week (but I'm only ordering the QRP version, so I
guess I don't need it anyway!)  I suspect Elecraft will address this
in a future update also (but they aren't free like Ten-Tec's).

73, Bill W4ZV