CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX question

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX question
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:34:56 -0400
You asked:

>Although I have a US call (W2SC), I also hold a valid international
>call.  Is it legal to sign W6/8P9JG?  I know that I have worked
>W2/8P6(something) before.

Sorry, Tom, but the answer is no. See part 97.107. The use of reciprocal
call signs in the US is restricted to persons who do not already hold an
FCC license and who are citizens of the country that issued the foreign
callsign.

For the interest of any Canadian hams reading this, the situation in Canada
is exactly parallel.

73,
Rich VE3IAY
RAC VP Regulatory Affairs