CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

To: CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:13:31 -0500
At 03:56 PM 3/15/2004, K8MR wrote:

>With logs and results reduced to electronic files, it is not necessary for
>the sponsors to manage other awards.  They would just have to cooperate with
>those who want to sponsor other "subset" awards.  These subset awards might be
>sponsored and mangaged by various contest clubs, national societies, AARP, etc.

The results from the November Sweepstakes will show the number of hours each
participant spent making QSOs (as did last years).   It isn't an exact number,
just the number of hours - calculated based on log data, so doesn't include
listening time.  Even so, it might be very useful for the kinds of comparisons
being talked about.   For instance, it appears I was beaten badly by NN1N in
the "2 hour category" in CW SS.

I don't know if having the hours listed for the ARRL DX Contest or any others
are in the works, but that might help with comparisons - and that's really what
the discussion is about I think

             -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444