CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] real time score reporting in rdx

To: "Michael K. Loukides" <mikel@oreilly.com>,David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] real time score reporting in rdx
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:50:00 -0800
Hi Mike,

At 09:28 AM 3/12/2006, Michael K. Loukides wrote:
>Note that the "official" RDX site has its own real-time score
>reporting system, and they're inviting people to participate.
>
>So if you really want to watch the horse race, looks like you'll have
>to watch two channels at once.

I was contacted by the RDXC webmaster about cooperating with their
scoreboard. We're currently working on automatically posting real time
results posted via the XML method to the RDXC scoreboard. The method used
by the RDXC (web form or URL-embedded parameters) is dependent on
contesters taking the time during the contest to manually post their
current scores, while the XML-based method we've been experimenting with
for the past 6 months works in conjunction with the contester's logging
software to automatically post results at regular intervals.

Our goal is to work through the process of agreeing on a definition for the
XML data so that it can be used by anyone interested in communicating
scores in real time. By establishing a standard, contest logging software
authors, scoreboard operators and others will won't have to create a
variety of versions to accommodate different methods.

Information about the XML effort can be found at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/xml4contestresults.html

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)