CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Followup on FT-1000 MP Query

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Followup on FT-1000 MP Query
From: N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:34:22 -0700
Thanks to everyone that answered my query on the FT-1000 MP series radios a
couple weeks ago.

I posted the query for a ham friend Loren AD6ZJ and he has recently
purchased one.

He asked me to forward his thanks and if anyone wants
to write him on how to spruce it up to make a great
contest and DXing radio...please feel free at his address listed in teh thread

73, Dennis N6KI
San Diego

----------

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Loren Hunt <lorenphunt@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: contest radio
To: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki@sbcglobal.net>

Dennis,
Please pass this along to your contesting group...

Thanks for your help in figuring out what I needed in
a rig. This week I purchased a used FT1000MP. It is an
older one but in very nice shape with no mods, no
extra filters. Just a stock unit. I will do the mods
to reduce key-click etcetera. I need to pick up a few
filters to get started but am in no hurry as the
filtering is already better than my IC706 maxed with
filters. I had the rig on this evening in RX as I
soldered up a mic connector. I didn't get a chance to
get on the air but wow - that RX is great. I think I
made the right choice and didn't break the bank.
Thanks again for all the input.

73
de AD6ZJ, Loren