CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] TR4W - ready for prime time?

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] TR4W - ready for prime time?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:25:27 -0500
I read with interest the report here yesterday that a Russian op had used
TR4W in the ARRL DX Contest, and that several Russian multi-ops had also.

A year ago, K0AD, the Editor of NCJ, suggested that I write about TR4W in
my software column.  I demurred at the time because  author Dmitriy
Gulyaev, UA4WLI, had not yet added SO2R and multi-op features.  It appears
that the time has now come, and I'm working on my next column, due to Al
March 15.

There's a lot of info on Dmitry's web site, but I'd sure like a sense of
how it works in real life.  Please write me directly (off the reflector) if
you would like to contribute.

Thanks and 73,

Pete N4ZR

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and updated daily
www.conteststations.com