CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking Up the Wrong ARRL DX Tree

To: W0uo@cs.com, k0luz@topsusa.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking Up the Wrong ARRL DX Tree
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:24:09 -0700
Original message:

At 07:19 AM 4/5/2005, W0uo@cs.com wrote:

>Yet, we can't seem to find a way to recognize contest efforts of merit
>that take place outside the northeast.  Amazing.

Finding a way is easy - create a handicap, just like in golf. Average out
scores of different areas over many contests over many years and come up
with a multiplication factor. Adjust the factor every year as more scores
become available. As time goes by the factors would become more and more
accurate, and could even be applied retroactively if desired. Easy.

The hard part is getting the stations in the geographically advantaged
areas to go along.
Every one else would think it's a good idea. :-)

--
Bill, W6WRT